Helping Keep The Berkshire Community Local
Sun October 20, 2019
- Reading LGBT protest held over Chick-fil-A outlet - More than 60 people join the protest outside Reading's The Oracle shopping centre.
- Safety concerns over Berkshire nuclear weapons factories - The AWE sites in Aldermaston and Burghfield make the UK's nuclear warheads.
- Sandhurst death cadet Olivia Perks 'thought she faced discharge' - Olivia Perks, 21, was found hanged in her room at the Royal Military Academy in Berkshire.
- Commuter sets up South Western Railway delay bingo - The game invites passengers to tweet in reasons why South Western Railway services have been delayed.
The Community Council for Berkshire
Posted by Administrator : Thursday 8th October 2015
The Community Council for Berkshire (CCB) is one of a national network of independent charities working to overcome social exclusion. The CCB has a particular remit to enhance and enable communities in rural villages and towns.
CCB plays a vital role in partnership with the Countryside Agency, local authorities, the NHS and other governmental agencies helping to set up a variety of voluntary sector solutions to issues of public importance.
CCB’s experienced staff, based in Reading and Newbury, together with our extensive library of periodicals and bulletins, enables us to provide a “one-stop-shop” for information and specialist help on such issues as:
- Rural Affairs
- Rural transport
- Village halls
- Village shops
- Community Development projects
- Vital Villages
- Rural Towns
- Useful Links
- Charity advice and information
- The Environmental Trust
- Community groups including Friendship Clubs
- Strategic and local partnerships
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/berks/public_html/includes/connectdb.inc.php on line 13
Deprecated: Function mysql_numrows() is deprecated in /home/berks/public_html/includes/functions/global.inc.php on line 79