Helping Keep The Berkshire Community Local
Sun August 18, 2019
- PC Andrew Harper: Killed officer 'died of multiple injuries' - Police are given more time to question 10 murder suspects as tributes are paid to PC Andrew Harper.
- South Western Railway workers to hold four-day strike - The stoppage in August and September is part of the long-running guards dispute.
- Reading police boss wants more female BAME officers - Supt Bhupinder Rai wants her force to be "significantly different to when I started" when she retires.
- Reading tenants charged thousands for non-existent lift - One Housing charged people for lift maintenance despite there being no lift in the block.
The Community Council for Berkshire
Posted by Administrator : Thursday 8th October 2015
The Community Council for Berkshire (CCB) is one of a national network of independent charities working to overcome social exclusion. The CCB has a particular remit to enhance and enable communities in rural villages and towns.
CCB plays a vital role in partnership with the Countryside Agency, local authorities, the NHS and other governmental agencies helping to set up a variety of voluntary sector solutions to issues of public importance.
CCB’s experienced staff, based in Reading and Newbury, together with our extensive library of periodicals and bulletins, enables us to provide a “one-stop-shop” for information and specialist help on such issues as:
- Rural Affairs
- Rural transport
- Village halls
- Village shops
- Community Development projects
- Vital Villages
- Rural Towns
- Useful Links
- Charity advice and information
- The Environmental Trust
- Community groups including Friendship Clubs
- Strategic and local partnerships
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/berks/public_html/includes/connectdb.inc.php on line 13
Deprecated: Function mysql_numrows() is deprecated in /home/berks/public_html/includes/functions/global.inc.php on line 79