Helping Keep The Berkshire Community Local
Mon June 21, 2021
- Reading stabbings: Memorial service held at Forbury Gardens - Friends James Furlong, David Wails, and Joe Ritchie-Bennett were killed in June last year.
- Legoland ride policy change: Brett family returns to park - Legoland has revamped its procedures since Sebby Brett was made to get up from his wheelchair.
- Wexham Park doctor racially discriminated against by General Medical Council - Omer Karim was investigated by the GMC while the same charges against a white doctor were dismissed.
- Coronavirus: Case rates in Berkshire - The latest number of cases of Covid-19 across the county.
The Community Council for Berkshire
Posted by Administrator : Thursday 8th October 2015
The Community Council for Berkshire (CCB) is one of a national network of independent charities working to overcome social exclusion. The CCB has a particular remit to enhance and enable communities in rural villages and towns.
CCB plays a vital role in partnership with the Countryside Agency, local authorities, the NHS and other governmental agencies helping to set up a variety of voluntary sector solutions to issues of public importance.
CCB’s experienced staff, based in Reading and Newbury, together with our extensive library of periodicals and bulletins, enables us to provide a “one-stop-shop” for information and specialist help on such issues as:
- Rural Affairs
- Rural transport
- Village halls
- Village shops
- Community Development projects
- Vital Villages
- Rural Towns
- Useful Links
- Charity advice and information
- The Environmental Trust
- Community groups including Friendship Clubs
- Strategic and local partnerships
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/berks/public_html/includes/connectdb.inc.php on line 13
Deprecated: Function mysql_numrows() is deprecated in /home/berks/public_html/includes/functions/global.inc.php on line 79