Helping Keep The Berkshire Community Local
Mon January 27, 2020
- Man severely injured in Slough corrosive substance attack - He suffered facial injuries when the substance was thrown at him as he answered the front door.
- Max Simmons: Man denies causing boy's crash death - Max Simmons, 13, died in hospital after he was knocked down in Maidenhead in December.
- Personal trainer helps young people in the care system in Berkshire - Carl Abery uses his experience of being fostered to help others who are in the care system.
- Alexander Stern: Search continues for missing London man - Police are "very concerned" about Alexander Stern, who was last seen in Berkshire nearly two weeks ago.
The Community Council for Berkshire
Posted by Administrator : Thursday 8th October 2015
The Community Council for Berkshire (CCB) is one of a national network of independent charities working to overcome social exclusion. The CCB has a particular remit to enhance and enable communities in rural villages and towns.
CCB plays a vital role in partnership with the Countryside Agency, local authorities, the NHS and other governmental agencies helping to set up a variety of voluntary sector solutions to issues of public importance.
CCB’s experienced staff, based in Reading and Newbury, together with our extensive library of periodicals and bulletins, enables us to provide a “one-stop-shop” for information and specialist help on such issues as:
- Rural Affairs
- Rural transport
- Village halls
- Village shops
- Community Development projects
- Vital Villages
- Rural Towns
- Useful Links
- Charity advice and information
- The Environmental Trust
- Community groups including Friendship Clubs
- Strategic and local partnerships
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/berks/public_html/includes/connectdb.inc.php on line 13
Deprecated: Function mysql_numrows() is deprecated in /home/berks/public_html/includes/functions/global.inc.php on line 79