Helping Keep The Berkshire Community Local
Fri September 25, 2020
- Reading third bridge: Renewed opposition to Thames crossing plan - Reading, Wokingham and Bracknell councils all support the scheme in a bid to ease congestion.
- Commercial drone sky highway 'could open this year' - A technology firm applies to open a five-mile flight path for deliveries by drones and other uses.
- Reading stabbing: Police stop-and-search powers extended - The order is needed to "prevent a repeat" of an attack in Reading, police say.
- Slough schoolboy sexually assaulted girl in classes - The 16-year-old was given an 18-month Youth Rehabilitation Order for the "serious" offences.
The Community Council for Berkshire
Posted by Administrator : Thursday 8th October 2015
The Community Council for Berkshire (CCB) is one of a national network of independent charities working to overcome social exclusion. The CCB has a particular remit to enhance and enable communities in rural villages and towns.
CCB plays a vital role in partnership with the Countryside Agency, local authorities, the NHS and other governmental agencies helping to set up a variety of voluntary sector solutions to issues of public importance.
CCB’s experienced staff, based in Reading and Newbury, together with our extensive library of periodicals and bulletins, enables us to provide a “one-stop-shop” for information and specialist help on such issues as:
- Rural Affairs
- Rural transport
- Village halls
- Village shops
- Community Development projects
- Vital Villages
- Rural Towns
- Useful Links
- Charity advice and information
- The Environmental Trust
- Community groups including Friendship Clubs
- Strategic and local partnerships
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/berks/public_html/includes/connectdb.inc.php on line 13
Deprecated: Function mysql_numrows() is deprecated in /home/berks/public_html/includes/functions/global.inc.php on line 79